Monday, November 3, 2008

S: New Plan in the Works

I called S on Friday (the 31st). No answer. I called her on Saturday. No answer.

Hmmmm. Me thinkest she might be dodging my calls.

She went out to dinner with a friend Friday night, and didn't come home. I think she was gone either all or most of the day on Saturday, too. Apparently she showed up on Sunday.

CR called me first yesterday. She told me that S intends to move to Abilene... or maybe it was Amarillo... some city that started with an "A" in TX. DS's mother lives there, so they're going to go live with her. CR told me that DS's mother intended to put S on her insurance at work. I was like, "Nowadays, I can't even imagine someone having such good health insurance that they can add their son's pregnant girlfriend, but I guess it's nice if you can get it."

CR also told me that DS's mother (I have no idea what her name is, therefore I'm shortening it to DSM) didn't know about the pregnancy until yesterday and she was all, "Oh! My first grandchild!" Great. Because this situation isn't messy enough...

S also told CR that she'd tried to call me, but I didn't answer. In this age, where we have nifty technology like caller-id, why do people still lie about that? Yep, you guessed it. Her number was not in the caller-id list.

So I called her. Talking to her is so bizarre because she sounds like she knows what's going on, but then, OTOH, she also sounds delusional.

S told me that DSM has Medicaid. So that explains the health insurance.

When I asked her about transportation, she said that DSM has an old truck, which she has to get tags for. DSM will keep the truck, and she'll give her old car to DS and let him trade it in on whatever he wants. (Like it's going to be an even trade-in or something...)

Of course, all of this is contingent on the fact that DS gets his probation moved to the A-city that I can't remember the name of. (That might actually happen as TX only got up in arms when he tried to leave the state.)

Also, DSM had at least 2 kids that were adopted by other family members.

I told S:
  • Lots of things need to happen in a short period of time, but I'm not paying for a home study until she gets settled on the plan.
  • Don't let DSM guilt you into something that you don't want. You've been quite clear in the fact that you don't want this kid. Don't let her talk you into keeping it.
  • Don't assume that DSM's experience with family members adopting her babies will be the same as yours. It may be, but it could also be quite different.
  • I want daily updates. The business day ends at 5:00. I want a message of some sort by 5:01. Every day.
I have to wonder if DSM will let her lay on the couch 23 hours a day.

She is still very concerned about DS's drinking and drug habits. She thinks she can save him. I know. Delusional, right?

CR doesn't believe any of this will happen. S has said she's moving out so many times, and it has fallen through every time. So she's like, "[eh] I'll believe it when it happens."

I don't know enough about DSM to even guess when, or if all of this will happen. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

would his probation officer love to know that he has a juvenile girlfriend pregnant or does Texas consider it ok? I know every state has different ages of consent.. I'm not sure how old he is either. Just in case......

What_Was_I_Thinking said...

Actually, the probation officer knows. I told her myself when I met with her back in June. It didn't really make a difference to her one way or another.

Anonymous said...

I am begining to think probation is a joke with the experiences you have had and the ones we are having with our felon, probation breaking neighbor. Maybe Welfare will cut their services with so many adults able to earn income. I bet that would keep them away if they thought that would happen.