Tuesday, October 28, 2008

E is back in town

E came back on Saturday night / Sunday. (Had to pick him up at the bus depot at 2:45AM, thankyouverymuch!)

I think he really wants to go back to TX. It was a good week for him. Even S had to admit that he is a changed person. I could tell from her voice that it hurt her to say that. Oddly, CR's comment on the week was, "We didn't kill each other." Which, to me, is a far cry from all the other reports I got. Interesting, eh?

But there's the issue of getting his stuff back to TX -- especially his truck. I talked to CR on Saturday and we both agreed that he should come back, get a job (ANY job!) and save up the money to get his stuff back there. She told him this before he left. I told him the same thing when he got home. He spent several hours on Sunday going through several job-related websites. Its amazing how much more motivated he is when he's getting the same message all 'round.

He and I also went over his portion of the budget again. I found the books I used to use to keep track of my expenses when I first moved out on my own and I gave that to him and helped him get it set up. Then we set up a little spreadsheet. As we finished I said, "Now don't freak out over this stuff again!"

EI am freaking out.
MeWell, stop it. It'll be fine. We just have to start keeping track of this stuff.
EOk. But I'm freaking out.

He called me yesterday (Monday) at work. He was still freaking out, only worse.

EYou need to sell the Civic.
MeWhy?
EIt's just costing you extra money.
MeWhat are you going to drive? The truck?
EYes.
Me(thinking)
EThe gas mileage is not that different.
MeOk. But I'm busy at work and can't discuss this right now.

I'm beginning to see what a wonderful parenting technique deferring is.

I was prepared to discuss the windshield that needs to be replace on the truck, the registration tags that need to be paid for, etc., when I got home last night. However, he was no where to be found.

I put all my stuff away and finally ended up in his bedroom. He was all bundled up in bed.

Me(just staring because the light is off and I can't tell if he's awake or not)
EWhat?
MeOh, you're awake. What's wrong?
EI'm freezing.

Ok, the house was a little chilly, but certainly not freezing. I kissed his forehead. He was hot.

Dang it! This is, like, the 3rd or 4th fever he's had in as many months. He runs a fever for 2 or three days and then he's back to normal.

MeDid you eat?
ENo.
Me(thinking: uh-oh...) Do you want something to eat?
ENo.
Me(thinking: uh-oh... bad sign...) I could fix you something... how 'bout some raemen noodles?
ENo. I'm not hungry.

Uh-oh, that's a really bad sign.

I got some tylenol in him and that, of course, helped his headache... which in turn allowed him to eat some noodles.

I sent tylenol with him to his bedroom and told him to take them as soon as he woke up.

Anyone besides me think this could be a side-effect of his meds?

No comments: