Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stupid Birth Certificate

So last Friday E and I tried to go get his driver's license moved to KS. I was kinda hoping we could convince whoever happened to be behind the counter that since my last name matched E's birth certificate, and my address matched E's address that they'd make the leap of faith. They didn't. Dammit.

Even if I had CR's paper that she has had stapled to E's birth certificate, it's still not legal... but apparently it's pretty convincing (since that's what she's used all these years).

So I downloaded a form off the internet to do the process right. E has to take it and get it notarized. Plan B: CR sent the legal-looking-paper along with his bday present, which should be here today or tomorrow.

Good thing because he got a letter from the insurance people that they need proof of his citizenship, which requires... a BIRTH CERTIFICATE! And they need it by Monday, else his eligibility is denied.

But no pressure.

No comments: