Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Week of Frustrations, Redux

On Monday my mother called me with a bug up her butt:

MomDo you know what E is planning when you go to TX?
MeI guess not.
MomHe thinks he's going to stay down there and work on some job with Billy Bob
Me[sigh] We talked about this on Friday and I had hoped we put it to bed, but obviously not.
MomSo are you going to talk to him?
MeOf course.
MomYou should also call CR and tell her to talk to Billy Bob
Me[defeated] Ok.


Who am I? The friggin' UN???

I didn't really see the point in calling CR, but I did. Long story short: neither she or Big D knew anything about said job. Nor would they talk to Billy Bob because he just does his own thing and there's no sense trying to talk to him. (I'm paraphrasing, of course, but that was the gist.)

E was fixing something to eat when I got home. (Another big step. At the beginning of the summer he would wait for me to get home and then let me heat up the leftovers. I'm like, "Dude, you can work a microwave as well as I can...")

I just acted like we were picking up the conversation from Friday
MeDid you talk to Billy Bob today?
EYes.
MeDid you find out any new information?
ENo, not really.
MeSomething else I thought of is how are you going to get your medication while you're down there?
EI thought about that too.
Me[trying not to look shocked]
EI don't think it matters, though, because they hired someone for the job.
Me[biting my tongue hard so I don't make a sarcastic comment about no "new" information]... So, they're not going to hire any one?
ENo, I guess not.
Me[sigh of relief]

No comments: