Friday, August 22, 2008

Week of Frustrations, Part I

I actually squeaked by on Monday and Tuesday of this week with little to no frustration. But trust me, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday more than made up for it.

On Wednesday, I woke up and had actually remembered my dream from the night before. Depending on how long you've known me, you may remember that I used to have these epic saga-type dreams. Very vivid. And then mini-me happened. (Short story: a tumor on my sinus. Long story: another post for another day) Now I rarely remember my dreams.

But this dream... [angry smiley] This dream had my ex in it. And she was trying to get me to go see some house that was "perfect" for me. And of course it was the farthest thing from perfect that I could possibly imagine. Yes, I get it. Clearly I haven't worked through all my issues yet.

So the dream made me pissy. THEN, later my ex called! (How weird is that?!) This never makes me happy. When we broke up she made this big deal about wanting to be friends. But the only time she calls is when she wants something. This time was no different.

She wanted me to pick up something from a bakery that's near where our office used to be.

Liar... and since you work over in that area, I thought you could help me out.
MeWell, I don't work in that area anymore.
Liar ... crickets ...
MeWe moved.
LiarWas that a recent thing?
MeA few months ago.

After the favor is rebuked she always goes, "So, how are you?" Still bitter. And you? No, of course I don't say that. I'm just as sweet as can be. If she can lie to me for all those months, I can certainly return the favor during a phone call.

By the end of the call she was ready to hire E to come organize her garage. At least that call had a purpose to it. Usually after I hang up I have to scream obscenities for the next several minutes, or answer the questions the way I wanted to answer the questions. It's not that I "want" to, I have to. Which, in itself, is bad thing. But then there's my phone issue. See, my phone has a tendency to pocket-dial. It calls people all by itself. And if they don't answer it leaves a very long message of me doing or saying... whatever I happen to be doing or saying. Fun, huh? [confused smiley]

And then I have to drive home. The blue boxes are houses that have been built since the satellite photo was taken.

Click the photo to see the big version

Yes, I know now: never mix love and real estate.

No comments: