Friday, August 22, 2008

Week of Frustrations, Part III

Friday.

E and I toured the college in Wichita. I had a little trepidation over doing the tour because E is only partially medicated. (In my defense, he only told me he was out on Wednesday evening. And since one of his meds is regulated, they can't call it in. We have to go pick up the script and take it to the pharmacy. Hope to have that filled this weekend.)

But he was in a pretty good mood in spite of that. I've started to notice the subtle differences between a good mood and the evil spawn that sometimes inhabits his body. Like, he says, "bull crap" instead of, "bull sh*t". Bull crap = good mood.

EDo we have to tour the whole place? I just wanna see the auto stuff.
MeI imagine we'll have to see the whole place.
EWell, that's a bunch of bull crap.

Also, "crackheads" = good mood. (Like I said, it's subtle.)

The tour was fine. The lady that took us around, surprisingly, only took us to the automotive area. The facilities are much more sophisticated than those of the community college we visited. E was very impressed with them. But they are EXPENSIVE! About 3x the cost of HCC. Plus, he'll have to take a comp and math course just to get the certificate, whereas HCC does not require comp or math unless you're getting an AA. Dang, it. I was hoping they were going to be pretty much equal.

Since the tour was done so quickly, I decided we should take another run at his driver's license. We now had the legal-looking paper that CR has used all these years to get him through school. Guess what? Nope, it didn't pass muster with the DMV. They friggin' called the office of vital statistics. And guess what else? The affidavit (a.k.a. legal-looking paper) is no longer any good. So it's not like I can just mail it in and finish the process. Nope. I've got to start ALL OVER. I texted CR:

You're lucky u live so far away or I would strangle you. The DMV did not take the "legal-looking" document you've been showing to everyone all these years. Grrr

Its times like these that I wish I drank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, for once I am at a loss for words!! I'm about to take up drinking for you. I think it sucks that CR didn't take care of all the legalities many years ago. But, since E is 18 it should be easier and cheaper to start over the process. Besides, make the R family pay to give E his name back. I can't imagine they would want to to stay K. It's not like they would expect anything less from CR. Once all this is done...... but what about the partnership for RX assistance? PPA? You know, what Montel is always talking about. I know he needs insurance.... but at least that would be something. Do you have a Pizza Hut in/near your house. They have super good benefits and after a time will pay up to $3500 a year for college. If it's not a franchise, corporate owned Pizza Huts are great companies. Even if he wants to stay in his car and be a driver.... Still keeping you in my prayers!! This would have made any other member of your family drink... so congrats on NOT!