Monday, July 28, 2008

Aaaaaand they're back together

I called S last night to see how she was after Friday's conversation. Of course she was better, but I gotta say is was the most frustrating conversation... First, she thinks that I don't get that she's trying to manipulate me. Oh, I get it. But I'm just not going to argue about it til there's something to argue about. For example, CR wants S to get a job. S doesn't want to get a job so she's gets her boyfriend, DS to pay her phone bill. Which he did for a while, but then he wants her to get a job, too. All the while she's testing me to see if I say anything about a job. I already said it when we first talked about her moving in, "Rule #1: you WILL get a job. That is non-negotiable." She thinks maybe the rules have changed since she's pregnant. Nope, but I'm not going to discuss it when she's still living in TX. It's not my house, not my rules.

C had told me that since S & DS were broke up, S decided to go out with someone else... and not come home that night. I wanted to find out the scoop on that too. When I asked her about it, she was shocked that I knew about it. Like, I just put my head in the sand until she decided to grace me with the details of her life. Clearly she believes that. And then, when I told her I'd heard it from more than one person, that REALLY stumped her! (BTW, it was just to piss of DS.)

So I talked to S as I was leaving the office (had to come in and make up the time from E's doctor appointment). I stopped and got gas and we hung up shortly after that. About 40 minutes later, DS called me and told me they were back together.

I swear, keeping up with these two will give you whiplash.

No comments: