Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm done with the truck

After the ticket on Friday, I did some calling around and a windshield was going to cost at least $300. I feel like I am rebuilding this truck one stupid piece at a time and I'm done.

E is in KC this week, so I decided this would be a good time to get that 2nd vehicle. It'll be way cheaper in the long run. Then, when he gets back, we'll have the "job" talk and there won't be any excuses.

But guess what happened? E surprised me again. He is looking up businesses here on the internet while he's in KC to find a job. He even called the Ford dealership around here and talked to them and filled out an application online!

This is HUGE for him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I know him being there is the best for him and the only reason I can make for all the S drama in getting her there is because I think E just needs some undivided attention. If you are expecting him to act like a (young) man and hold his feet to the fire he just may do what he's needed a good example to show him what to dofor his whole life ( not saying that you haven't been, but not full time and without him going back with CR who doesn't....)Sounds like it's going two steps forward, maybe one or two back... but still progress! Take your small victories and celebrate like they are huge. I know you have to feel good about that. And, caring. I think that is the best thing a person could say about another and a definate reflection of you!!