Friday, July 25, 2008

S update

I know I owe you an update on S. I've been meaning to type this up all week, but the days have quickly slipped away.

On last Sunday, I got a text from S that said:

You wont have to worry about me going to DS's house cuz im not aloud over there


Very ominous, eh? So I ask, "Did something happen?" And she replied:

I was only aloud over on weekends and his dad is always making him do stuff so he doesn't have time to get me. Maybe when his dad works late i can


Now, of course I didn't want her going over there, so, to me, this is really good news. But I can't just respond, "WHOOPEE!!" Well, I could, but then I wouldn't be the world's greatest aunt. TWGASM
So I respond, "That sux" To which she replies:

Yea but we have been having our own problems


Whaaaat?????? Trouble in paradise????

I try to talk her into coming early. She resists. And that's all I know about that.

Then, a few days ago, out of the blue I get a text message from her that says:

Im not riding in the truck


[confused smiley] Huh??? What truck? When?

E's truck. He says you guys are bringing it down here

This is the first I've heard of it.

Well he sent D a message saying you guys were moving me in his truck

I cannot control what he does, but using his truck is not part of my plan.

I guess but im getting accused of having plans mom didn't know cuz D told her that

At least its not me that's in trouble again. If you've been reading for any period of time, you know I have plenty of reasons to be irked at CR. So this is a question to all you moms in the crowd: What is the big deal what vehicle is used? Or if they move on Monday instead of Friday? Or June instead of July. The destination hasn't changed. There weren't any big "going away" celebrations planned. Or any plans that had to be changed for that matter. CR getting her panties in a bunch at every twist and turn of the story is really getting under my skin.

Anyway, I offered to talk to her mom, but I never heard back.

Also, I talked to E that night. He didn't see that he'd done anything wrong because he was only trying to save me money. I know he has all the faith in the world in that truck, but I don't. I also told him that since S has changed her mind before I'm not making ANY plans until I know for sure she's coming. And even then I'm going to call her the morning of just to make sure she hasn't changed her mind... again.

My friend at work, JL, thinks that E is tuning in to me starting to stress about money. Maybe. I did have to restrict his thermostat privileges because I'd get home from work and the house would be at 70. I have ceiling fans in every room. Its plenty comfortable at 74... even when I'm having a hot flash.

So I told him he could save me money by mowing the lawn before he left for his dad's. But I'd be willing to bet he didn't get that done. His excuse this week is that he can't trim. Last week I begged him to trim. Then, when he did, the trimmer ran out of twine. I'm like, "you don't have to trim. Just mow!" So we'll see what happened today when I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's cute that E is trying to get S there. He may be your best ally in getting S there sooner. Sure, they fight like cats and dogs but they have had each other forever! Anyway, noone can make CR happy. It wouldn't matter what you do. You could buy her a new trailer, van, and shower her with money and it wouldn't be enough. Once E was born it wasn't about her anymore and I don't think she's realized that yet! I have little patience for people who don't do right by their kids... but that's just because I live with that everyday.